Is it just me, or has this week been subpar? Dark and damp, full of riots, and rife with financial hysteria… gah! To keep the gloom from mounting even higher, here’s a list of some more cheeful news items.
- The Ontario peaches are out. They’re smaller than the imports, but MUCH more delicious
- Chiaroscuro Reading Series will host The Unholy Three tomorrow night at the Augusta House (8pm, 152 Augusta Ave). You should come out!
- The lawns and parks are beginning to recover their lushness. Go, rain!
- Soma opened a chocolicious outpost at King and Bathurst, where you can get their Mayan hot chocolate over ice.
- My tiny niece learned how to say “Hi!” and blow kisses.
- tomorrow night’s the finale for So You Think You Can Dance (the US version). I’m rooting for Melanie… I think. You?
- In case you haven’t heard it already, Samuel L. Jackson narrates Go the F*ck to Sleep (by Adam Mansbach)
More good news? Please share.